Analytics and Operations Manager, Problem Solver
- I have 9 years of experience leading analytics groups responsible for creating key operational reporting.
- I effectively communicate technical concepts throughout the organization ensuring understanding between groups.
- I inspire teams to thrive, building trust and accountability by focusing on purpose and setting clear expectations.
- I pour into those around me with a genuine passion to see them realize their potential and achieve success.
Wells Fargo - Irving, Texas
Analytics Manager, VP
January 2014 to Present
I lead the team responsible for providing reporting, analytics and automation used by the Home Mortgage Default Compliance Operations group to reduce risk to Wells Fargo and its customers as well as influence and enhance business processes. The team also functions as a de facto in house consulting firm, offering analysis-based process improvement recommendations, key performance indicators and organizational support.
Reporting, Analytics and Automation
- Led project to enhance automated system designed to analyze the entire default loan portfolio and detect potential borrower harm based on over 800 individual business rules. The solution reduced process execution time by 70%.
- Led the team that successfully automated many large-scale manual processes. This improvement created development capacity equivalent to four full-time employees.
- Led the team responsible for the report portfolio that played a crucial role in providing the OCC with the performance data needed to close the government issued Consent Order in May 2016.
- Led team through large scale database migration (SQL 2008 to SQL 2016) requiring table, data, ETL and report migrations with tight deadlines and zero report downtime.
- Manage a portfolio of over 50 active SSRS reports and 20+ dynamic SSIS data automation routines.
- Independently worked directly with business leaders to develop entire suite of reports for new business unit in the mortgage space.
- Report scope includes daily pipeline management, branch specific income statements, daily and monthly revenue, daily processor productivity and cycle time and trends.
- Data automation projects include automated offsite database snapshots (backups), custom enhanced reporting views and automated flat file imports.
- Developed custom automated report email delivery system utilizing Python and Linux shell scripts.
Commitment to Customer Through Strategic Perspective
- Partnership with business going well beyond just reporting. Consulted the business regarding operations processes, operational performance metrics, technology solutions, project management and staffing capacity models.
- Specifically, took on the functional role as business liaison during the rollout of third-party audit application. Led team in developing audit process flow and ensured data generated by the application would be stored in a dimensional schema available for automated reporting. Keeping the end goal in focus from the very first step.
- Researched, analyzed, proposed and implemented operational performance metric suite specifically for senior leaders. Metrics have been incorporated into the Monthly Business Review across all of Servicing Operations.
- Identified blind-spots and risk gaps in existing audit processes and audit evaluation model and proposed actionable solutions to eliminate these risks by utilizing existing data with minimal process interruption.
- Developed forecast model for default file referrals used to determine and project the attorney firm network reductions over time.
- Developed and groomed three entry-level team members into top performing leaders on the team preparing them for larger roles in the organization.
- Maintained high levels of productivity and engagement through difficult reorganization transition. Zero staff turnover on my team compared to rates of 40% across peer group.
JPMorgan Chase - Lewisville, Texas
August 2013 through January 2014
I joined as a lead developer of the Third-Party Oversight group, specifically in charge of their default attorney scorecard data and process. In just six months, an entire application was implemented to capture attorney data, revisions and protests. This data was then utilized in high level performance reports used across the organization to ensure third parties with the lowest risk were preferred for default servicing.
- Led peers by providing focused direction in projects by assigning development tasks and providing processes for testing and validation.
- Conceived and developed File Manager application and database that accurately tracked file submissions and uploads by external attorney entities monthly.
- Built a Customer Request application and database that allowed internal business partners to submit service requests and application errors. System also provided tracking of these issues from opening to completion.
Falcon Physician Reviews – Coppell, Texas
Finance, Data and Reporting Manager
July 2009 through August 2013
In this high-growth, entrepreneurial environment, I was given the opportunity to wear multiple hats and provide extensive influence and value across the organization in operations, finance, technology and analytics.
- Developed website that allowed institutions access to streaming video content saving the company $200k in contracted development expenses.
- Responsible for month end close and associated reporting activities working directly with CFO.
- Implemented revenue recognition process, purchase order system accurately providing deferred revenue data for financial planning and budgeting.
- Created automated attendance tracking system in live class environments. Data provided real time feedback to leaders on instructor and course material success.
- Managed operational schedules and financial reports during acquisition by Fortune 1000 company.
Areas of expertise
Operational Leadership, Analytics, Information Technology Management, Process Improvement, Data Design
SQL, SSRS, SSIS, Excel, Python, Linux and Linux Server,VBA, HTML, CSS, Jekyll, Liquid, Django, Docker, Markdown
Bachelor of Science in Economics, University of North Texas, Denton, Texas 2009
- Q4 2017 - Consumer Lending Team Excellence Award winner
- 2016 - Gallup Team Member Engagement Survey - top 5% of manager scores across all of Wells Fargo.