Data Analytics | Stratigic Manager | Problem Solver
- I have 12 years of experience leading data & analytics groups responsible for creating key operational reporting.
- I effectively communicate technical concepts throughout the organization ensuring understanding between groups.
- I provide valuable process improvement insights and tangible changes leading to cross-functional efficiency gains.
- I inspire teams to thrive, building trust and accountability by focusing on purpose and setting clear expectations.
- I pour into those around me with a genuine passion to see them realize their potential and achieve success.
Wells Fargo - Irving, TexasAnalytics Manager/Consultant
June 2019 to Present
Currently serving the Analytics Quality Review (AQR) group within the Data Management and Insights organization. AQR is a centralized review function focused on credible challenge of high-risk data analytic activities across Wells Fargo. My group functions as an internal analytics oversight partner for customer remediation efforts providing credible challenge to documentation, assumptions and results relative to the remediation objective.
- Developed method and system to marry three data systems to provide a high-level overview of the project pipeline. The system was expanded to include all areas under AQR and is used to track and project capacity and coverage.
- Successful completion of multiple remediation reviews involving payment channels, GAP insurance refunds, payments made in branches and automatic loan payments resulting in over $22MM in additional refunds to over 119k customers.
- Led team in building base dataset for identifying and categorizing auto loans for Wells Fargo across multiple legacy systems.
- Proposed, designed and led the effort to implement consolidated project intake procedures reducing in-flight churn by 2 weeks on average. This procedural change improved resource assignment efficiency by identifying project submissions that were incomplete before committing a resource to the effort.
Zoёs Kitchen - Plano, TexasManager Strategic Planning, Analytics & Finance
September 2018 through June 2019
I led finance operations and strategic initiatives for the company-wide reporting services platform in a hybrid role marrying technology and data assets with business operations. I worked to simplify and focus all reporting, KPIs and metrics to align with larger company objectives while being actionable and attainable.
Reporting and Analytics
- Led initiative to revamp existing automated SSRS report portfolio. Objectives were to eliminate duplicate report deployment, implement a standardized, branded report template and install a publication process including an isolated development environment, UAT checkpoints and user group segmented production space.
- Created automated, self-serve P&L reports in support of all 250+ individual stores including aggregate views at the field organization levels.
- Led analysis and reporting for the launch of key company initiatives including DoorDash web integration and limited time offer products.
- Managed budgeting process in Oracle PBCS (Hyperion) for consolidated $500MM company.
- Partnered with Operations and Finance teams to develop specific budgets for catering delivery sales and store-level operational expenses.
- Created SQL model to project monthly forecast sales to daily sales targets based on store-specific historical sales trends.
- Supported CFO and Sr. Director of FP&A in delivering period close reporting packages.
- Led the database transition to a new fiscal calendar. Objectives were to identify impacted tables, views and stored procedures, capture historical archives and restate existing data structures on the new calendar.
- Created ETL processes and automations for weekly labor data and period P&L data for all stores.
- Led initiative to consume guest feedback data from third-party API directly into our database through automation routine.
Wells Fargo - Irving, TexasAnalytics Manager, VP
January 2014 through September 2018
I led the team responsible for providing reporting, analytics and automation used by the Home Mortgage Default Compliance Operations group to reduce risk to Wells Fargo and its customers as well as influence and enhance business processes. The team also served as a de facto in house consulting firm, offering analysis-based process improvement recommendations, key performance indicators and organizational support.
Reporting, Analytics and Automation
- Led project to enhance automated system designed to analyze the entire default loan portfolio and detect potential borrower harm based on over 800 individual business rules. The solution reduced process execution time by 70%.
- Led the team that successfully automated many large-scale manual processes. This improvement created development capacity equivalent to four full-time employees.
- Led the team responsible for the report portfolio that played a crucial role in providing the OCC with the performance data needed to close the government issued Consent Order in May 2016.
- Led team through large scale database migration (SQL 2008 to SQL 2016) requiring table, data, ETL and report migrations with tight deadlines and zero report downtime.
- Managed a portfolio of over 50 active SSRS reports and 20+ dynamic SSIS data automation routines.
- Independently worked directly with business leaders to develop entire suite of reports for new business unit in the mortgage space.
- Reporting scope included daily pipeline management, branch specific income statements, daily and monthly revenue, daily processor productivity and cycle time and trends.
- Data automation projects included automated off-site database snapshots (backups), custom enhanced reporting views and automated flat file imports.
- Developed custom automated report email delivery system utilizing Python and Linux shell scripts.
Commitment to Customer Through Strategic Perspective
- Partnership with business going well beyond just reporting. Consulted the business regarding operations processes, operational performance metrics, technology solutions, project management and staffing capacity models.
- Assumed the functional role of business liaison during the rollout of third-party audit application. Led team in developing audit process flow and ensured data generated by the application would be stored in a dimensional schema available for automated reporting. Keeping the end goal in focus from the very first step.
- Researched, analyzed, proposed and implemented operational performance metric suite specifically for senior leaders. Metrics have been incorporated into the Monthly Business Review across all of Servicing Operations.
- Identified blind-spots and risk gaps in existing audit processes and audit evaluation model and proposed actionable solutions to eliminate these risks by utilizing existing data with minimal process interruption.
- Developed forecast model for default file referrals used to determine and project the attorney firm network reductions over time.
- Developed and groomed three entry-level team members into top performing leaders on the team preparing them for larger roles in the organization.
- Maintained high levels of productivity and engagement through difficult reorganization transition. Zero staff turnover on my team compared to rates of 40% across peer group.
JPMorgan Chase - Lewisville, TexasBusiness Analyst
August 2013 through January 2014
I joined as a lead developer of the Third-Party Oversight group, specifically in charge of their default attorney scorecard data and process. In just six months, an entire application was implemented to capture attorney data, revisions and protests. This data was then utilized in high level performance reports used across the organization to ensure third parties with the lowest risk were preferred for default servicing.
- Led peers by providing focused direction in projects by assigning development tasks and providing processes for testing and validation.
- Conceived and developed File Manager application and database that accurately tracked file submissions and uploads by external attorney entities monthly.
- Built a Customer Request application and database that allowed internal business partners to submit service requests and application errors. System also provided tracking of these issues from opening to completion.
Falcon Physician Reviews - Coppell, TexasFinance, Data and Reporting Manager
July 2009 through August 2013
In this high-growth, entrepreneurial environment, I was given the opportunity to wear multiple hats and provide extensive influence and value across the organization in operations, finance, technology and analytics.
- Developed website that allowed institutions access to streaming video content saving the company $200k in contracted development expenses.
- Responsible for month end close and associated reporting activities working directly with CFO.
- Implemented revenue recognition process, purchase order system accurately providing deferred revenue data for financial planning and budgeting.
- Created automated web-based attendance tracking system in live class environments. Data provided real time feedback to leaders on instructor and course material success.
- Managed operational schedules and financial reports during acquisition by Fortune 1000 company.
Areas of expertiseSkills:
Operational Leadership, Analytics, Information Technology Management, Process Improvement, Data Design
Database Platforms: SQL Server, Teradata, MySQL, MariaDB, Access
Data Analysis and Reporting: SSRS, Excel, SAS, Power BI
Database Programming and ETL: T-SQL, MySQL, SSIS, Hyperion
EducationBachelor of Science in Economics - University of North Texas, Denton, Texas - 2009
- Q4 2017 - Consumer Lending Team Excellence Award winner
- 2016 - Gallup Team Member Engagement Survey - top 5% of manager scores across all of Wells Fargo.